Our state-of-the-art Air Starter is the preferred replacement equipment for the United States Air Force (USAF).
M ated to our improved coupling, Atec now provides the full solution to no-slip, no-bind air starts. The 129-8000-1 Starter Drive Assembly provides a rotational force for starting the F100-PW-100, F100-PW-220E, F100-PW-229 series aircraft engines by compressed air. It is a form, fit, and function replacement for the 103-3018-1 Drive Assembly. It mounts to the gearbox batwing on ground-based thrust stands; for overhead thrust stands we mount the starter on the bellmouth mount assembly.
- Made from aluminum billet vs. casting
- Gearbox envelope clears the F100-PW-229 engine inlet fan components
- Simplified engagement shaft system
- High-speed roller bearings
- No external springs
- Requires no maintenance other than annual lubricant change
- Mounts to overhead adapters & A/M37T-20 ground-based test stands
- Increased corrosion resistance
- Case material dissipates heat quickly
- Optional port for oil-mist system