T he Atec Intercom System allows for low noise, seamless communications between ground personnel, control room personnel, and control cab personnel during off-wing testing with individual volume control for each person.
Atec, Inc. developed the ground level intercom system to alleviate the existing problems that the Air Force had encountered with other intercom systems in the T-10 hush houses. These problems included: lack of compatibility with various aircrafts, poor audio quality, and interference of external sources, both electrical and magnetic.
The system is 115/230 VAC power and includes Com Cords and a Headset for technicians. The Atec Intercom System communicates with the following aircraft intercom systems:
- F-16 Fighting Falcon
- F-15 Eagle
- A-10 Thunderbolt II
- F-22 Raptor
- T-38 Talon
Atec collaborated with the aircraft manufacturers and their intercom providers to develop proper interface with aircrafts.
Our system interfaces with the aircraft communications panel during on-wing testing, allowing for a safer testing environment where everyone involved in the engine test can communicate and maintain situational awareness. The intercom’s unique ability to noiselessly interface with outside communications systems, as well as aircraft communications panels, provides an intercom kit that can be adapted for multiple uses.
The AHT63561 Intercom System is a direct drop-in replacement for all intercom systems in all configurations of the A/F37T-10 and A/M37T-20 Jet Engine Test Cells, as well as the A/M37T-21 Turboprop Engine Test Cells.
- Designed to drive three headsets, internal speaker and boom microphone
- Capable of interfacing multiple intercom systems
- Unit has drivers to external powered speakers, and can be connected to the output of MP3 or other low powered audio systems, separate from intercom function
- USAF approved communications system for use in A/F37T-10 hush house
- Provides a communication connection between three ground personnel, the control cab, the aircraft, and the control room, allowing everyone to talk and listen
- Self-contained unit that requires only 115/230Vac 50/60 Hz.
- Electro/magnetic shielding prevents any external interference
- Communicates with aircraft intercom system
- Utilizes Class D amplifiers to drive speakers up to 25 W with a very small foot-print
- Volume controls are digitally controlled up to 124 settings so all units respond uniformly
- Designed to communicate with other aircraft with no mismatch, impedance or over driving