FEA & CFD SERVICES
A erodynamics is a major consideration in jet engine test cell design and analysis. Finite Element Analysis (FEA), Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD), Acoustics/Noise Control, and Thermodynamic/Thermal Analysis are the high science areas of study. We have been doing 3D Solid Modeling since 1998, and have won awards based on our expertise.
COSMOS/SolidWorks has been our primary design and analysis software. Today, we also utilize ANSYS®, EdgeCam®, Espirit®, PC-DMIS and Unigraphics® to add fabrication fit to our design models. ANSYS® and Unigraphics® add sophistication and interface capabilities for our most demanding requirements. New layered 3D models can be directly worked by our engineers and electronically interfaced to our EdgeCam® CADAM software for CNC checking and manufacturing. Atec also commonly employs Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) analysis for fluid analysis, with excellent results. CFD analysis, along with Acoustics and Thermal considerations, are key to modern test cell design and simulation.
Atec’s engineers, aerodynamicists, physicists, material scientists and other test cell SMEs often create solid models using SolidWorks® design software and conduct FEA and CFD analysis using SolidWorks Simulation and Flow Simulation on the same model. Refinement using Unigraphics, ANSYS Fluent and proprietary consultant software may follow as needed. Using these tools, design changes can be integrated quickly and the effects upon system strength, stresses and deflection may be evaluated with ease. Atec’s engineers are also able to use the same model to test new mechanism designs using dynamic simulation including frequency analysis and vibration analysis.
3-D Design Software
Atec utilizes SolidWorks®, Unigraphics®, Edge Cam®, and Espirit® softwares to create 3-D models of designs, and conducts Finite Element Analysis and Computational Fluid Dynamics Analysis using ANSYS, Unigraphics or Solidworks™ Simulation on the same model.
- Simulation Premium (FEA)
- Motion Studies
- Non-Linear Studies
- Dynamic Studies
- Structural Analysis Studies
- Thermal Analysis Studies
- Kinematics Analysis Studies
- Design Optimization
CFD Flow Simulation
- All Types of fluids – air, water, oil, high/low viscosity, high/low density, etc. (CFD)
- Internal Fluid Flow – inside a box, inside a pipe, etc.
- External Fluid Flow – air across a field, wind direction effects on a test cell, etc.
- Turbulent & Laminar Flow Analysis
- Boundary Layer Analysis
- Thermodynamic Analysis
- Rotational Effects – Spinning shaft, etc.
- Time Dependent Analysis
- Flow through Screens & Perforated Plates
- Gravitational Effects
- Goal Seeking Function (i.e. minimize temperature)
- Workgroup PDM
- Noise Reduction
- Human Effects
- Structural Analysis (linear static, frequency, buckling, and fatigue)
- Thermal Analysis (static and transient)
- Kinematics Analysis (motion and loads)
- Design Optimization
- Non-Linear Material Analysis (static and dynamic)
- Jet engine test stands (linear static and dynamic structural)
- Heat exchanger analysis (transient thermal)
- Pressure vessels (linear static structural)
- Vibration isolation systems (linear system dynamics)
- Weld analysis (linear static structural)
- Composite Materials (non-linear static and dynamic)
- Test cells and engine flow analysis
- Thermal analysis of flow fields
- Fluid force analysis